Five Important SEO Strategies for Small Business Entrepreneurs
This article by Bob Mangat was recently featured on techsling.com – you can read the article here: https://www.techsling.com/2013/04/five-important-seo-strategies-for-small-business-entrepreneurs/
If you’re a small business owner or entrepreneur who promotes their business online, you should ensure that your website ranks high in web searches so customers can find you quickly when they’re looking for items you sell or services you provide. How to do that? Quite simply, incorporate SEO.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a strategy that improves the visibility of a website in organic search results (a.k.a. non-paid or natural search results) for a specified set of key phrases. SEO is extremely useful in that it offers you two invaluable assets:
- The highest possible number of quality leads you can get, and
- Targeted traffic
If you’ve been challenged with getting an increase in the numbers of potential customers who visit your website each day, try using the following strategies to pump up the volume:
1. Know who your audience is and cater to them. This may seem easy, but a lot of companies don’t know who their target customer is and that is why their marketing plans fail. If you produce a breakfast cereal for children and your blog or website posts have no sense of fun or whimsy then you won’t be speaking the right language to the right people.
2. Create valuable and useful content: As a business owner it’s your job to know everything there is to know about your goods and services. The challenge in sharing that information with the public is to know how to best encapsulate the facts for an online audience. Instead of posting staid and dry press releases on your site, try using video, images, polls and other interactive methods to educate and entertain your customers.
3. Be a social media smarty: If a company has a Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn account, their posts are most likely to show up in search engine feeds. With this being the case, make sure the stories and information you’re pushing out is truly representative of your brand.
4. Use dynamic keywords. When people search for information online they usually use Google and input keywords in order to find what they’re looking for fast. No one likes to spend hours looking for items to no avail. So when you’re creating blog posts or informative pieces for your website, it’s crucial to use buzz words within the content that are popular with search engines. If you operate a business that organizes helicopter tours in New York, what do you think the most important words are to use in your content? New York City, Helicopter and Tours. Sightseeing and tourists would be good words too.
5. Feature impactful images with your posts. If keywords are crucial in SEO, images are just as important because they show up in internet engine searches as well and have a big role in getting people to click on an item. Also, due to the recent popularity of the social site Pinterest, more and more people are searching for and sharing images than ever before. Don’t let your news, posts and information get lost in the crowd.
Five Important SEO Strategies for Small Business Entrepreneurs ,